If you are a birth professional in the Twin Cities, Minnesota and are seeking community, connection, and support, we invite you to join The Childbirth Collective! Your continued support and involvement will help us advance our mission to: enhance birth experiences by promoting quality professional doula support, advocating evidence-based care, and educating pregnant families and birth professionals who support the wellness model of perinatal care by creating spaces to connect with the community, and each other.
The Childbirth Collective is a volunteer-run organization and we rely on members for everything we do. We expect our members to volunteer to lead, sustain, and grow our organization. The Childbirth Collective is not just for birth doulas. Members are also postpartum doulas, midwives, lactation professionals, birth photographers, nurses, chiropractors, mental health professionals, and other bodyworkers. We look forward to welcoming you to our organization!
Benefits of Membership
1. Free Monthly Education
Our professional education for members is at the forefront. We offer bi-monthly education opportunities at no additional cost to our members. Many opportunities also provide CEUs for members who participate. Topics run the spectrum of our communities’ needs and benefit all types of birth professionals and doulas, examples include:
- Health Equity in Perinatal Work: implementing anti-bias and anti-racism work into your professional and personal lives
- Collaboration with the Care Team: diffusing difficult situations in the birth room, using team thinking/collaboration in hospital & birth center settings, roles at home births
- Trauma and Mental Health: becoming more trauma-informed in your birth work, navigating mental health challenges in clients, supporting clients experiencing loss
- And so much more!
2. Professional Networking and Socials
We know you need people and connection. We facilitate bi-monthly hangouts at locations around the Twin Cities for members to talk about all things birthy, share stories, ask questions, and connect with each other. We also offer socials after all of our educational events and also at our Annual Meeting in November/December of each year in a variety of locations and spaces around town. You’ll also be invited to join our member-only internal Facebook networking group, where members connect, ask questions, and learn what’s happening in our local birth community.
3. Reach clients who are looking for YOU!
All members get an exclusive public profile on our online member directory. The Childbirth Collective also hosts events for expectant families, putting our members in front of people looking to hire them! Our monthly Parent Topic Night classes – specifically focusing on Comfort Measures for birth – are for expectant families and are run by our members! Many people come looking to hire birthworkers! It’s a great way to get more clients.
Membership Payment Options
We offer three flexible payment options, so you can choose the one that’s best for you!
How To Join
Joining the Childbirth Collective is now easier than ever!
- First, click here to read and sign our Childbirth Collective Member Handbook
- Note: all members are required to attend our Annual Meeting in November/December each year
- Next, click here to submit membership fee
- Select the payment tier that is appropriate for you!
- If you are a member of a marginalized community and have a financial hardship preventing you from becoming a member, please reach out to us at email@example.com. We have a limited number of scholarships available and would be happy to discuss a no-cost option with you.
After completing steps 1 and 2 above, you will receive a welcome email from the Membership Coordinator with next steps. We look forward to meeting you!