Join The Childbirth Collective Today!
If you are a local birth professional in the Twin Cities and are seeking community, connection, and support we invite you to join The Childbirth Collective! Membership offers several benefits including professional networking opportunities, continued learning and enrichment as well as access to our online membership forums. Your continued support and involvement will help us serve birthing families. Our structure going forward will be slightly different than in the years before:
Discounted Monthly Education
We are bringing our enrichments to the forefront:
- A formal submission process for paid speakers/educators will give us the opportunity to provide CEUs for our members and nonmember participants. We are committed to elevating the voices of historically marginalized communities.
- We will offer topics that run the spectrum of our communities’ needs that benefit all types of birth professionals and doulas:
- Racial disparities and marginalized communities: how to become an ally and accomplice in your work, advocacy in racial disparity situations, etc.
- Business focused: going paperless, building your business, starting your business, how to get more clients, how to balance work/life balance, etc.
- Navigating COVID-19 and the unexpected: going virtual with your work, dealing with uncertainty, etc.
- Collaboration and team-building: diffusing difficult situations in the birth room, encouraging team thinking/collaboration in hospital/birth center settings, roles at home births, etc.
- Trauma and mental health: becoming more trauma-informed in your birth work, navigating mental health challenges in clients.
- The cost will be $10 for members and $25 for nonmembers
We know you need people…
- During the pandemic, we will facilitate Zoom hangouts to talk about all things birthy, share stories, ask questions, and connect. We will have breakout rooms when the group gets too large to create easy conversations.
- When we can be in person again we will offer social hangouts in a variety of locations and spaces around town. We will try to shift the days/times so that all members have an opportunity to find a social time that works for them.
- You’ll be invited to join our internal networking group.
Meet the Professionals Events
Reaching clients who are looking for YOU!
- New Meet the Pros sessions where expectant families can actually MEET you! Each month we will host either by Zoom or in person (when that is possible) sessions where expectant families looking to learn more about certain birth professionals can meet and interact. Topics will include:
- Meet the Doulas
- Birth and Postpartum doula members
- Meet the Lactation Specialists
- CLC, CLEC, IBCLC members
- Meet the Midwives
- Any midwife member
- Meet the Wellness Support Professionals
- Chiropractors/Acupuncturists/Massage/Bodyworker members
- Meet the Childbirth Educators
- Any member who is a CBE hoping to get varying types (Lamaze, Bradley, Hypno, etc.)
- Meet the Doulas
- You’ll have a public profile on our website.
How To Join
Joining the Childbirth Collective is now easier than ever!
- All members must read our Member Handbook
- All members must have been trained by a professional organization.
- Click here to join!
- Membership fee is $100 or free if you are a member of the BIPOC/LGBTQIA+ communities.